Latest from Twitter
Our Latest Updates
- Exciting news! The Students on Ice Alumni Delegation is heading to the Clinton Global Initiative University (CGIU) this Friday April 5-7 at Washington University in St. Louis, USA! At the conference, they will present the idea of an official Youth Arctic Council (YAC) to world leaders and… »
- The Inupiat Eskimo of Kivalina, Alaska are pretty gutsy. This was the first thought that struck me as I read the Kivalina v ExxonMobil decision this week. In this case, a tiny native community in the Arctic sued twenty-two major greenhouse gas emitters in the United States for the cost of… »
- The Arctic Council is made up of eight member countries (light blue) and many more observer countries and groups (dark blue). These are the same countries that make up a large portion of the countries in UNFCCC and at COP18. Why not take the opportunity to talk Arctic climate change while all… »
- Original Article: http://www.ipsnews.net/2012/12/civil-society-youth-pushed-to-the-margins-at-doha/ By Stephen Leahy DOHA, Qatar, Dec 3 2012 (IPS) - Beatrice Yeung, a youth delegate at the United Nations climate talks, travelled all the way from Hong Kong to Doha, Qatar to bring her… »
- By Donovan Taplin June 22, 2012 On June 21st members of the Students on Ice Alumni Delegation attended the 20th Anniversary Celebration of the three Rio Conventions and met with high profile dignitaries including Canadian Environment Minister Peter Kent. The events began with a series of… »
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY BY SIGNING UP!Stay updated when we are in Rio! Join our email list today! Track our latest developments from Rio+20.